Free Economic Zone
21st Centry Gold Mine
Non-ferrous metals cluster and four-season Maritime tourism hub
- The EFEZ has rich reserves of nonferrous metals and minerals, which are basic materials for the ultralight material industry. The zone is to host 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics. It has created the nation’s largest nonferrous metals cluster and invited a number of leading companies in the related business. Its future prosperity will be based on cutting-edge green materials industries, and an international logistics, using business complex, four-season maritime tourism and the winter sports hub of Asia as leverage.
- Optimal place for nonferrous metals industry
- It has created the nation’s largest nonferrous metals cluster.
- It has rich reserves of nonferrous metals and minerals. All of Korea’s rare earth minerals, 90 percent of its limestone, 50 percent of its dolomite and seawater lithium and 25 percent of its silica stone come from this region.
- It has invited a number of leading companies in the nonferrous metals industry.
- Logistics hub of Pan-East Sea region
- It is a logistics hub, connecting to Sakaiminato in Japan, Vladivostok in Russia and Dongbei in China.
- The population of the East Sea economic region is estimated to be 306 million.
- The economic size of the wider region is expected to grow to $12.2 trillion in 2020, which is 51 percent of that of the EU.
- Base for tourism and vacation in Northeast Asia
- The area will host the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics.
- It attracted 100 million tourists and generated tourism income of 2.7 trillion won in 2013.
- Thanks to abundant tourism resources, it became the most preferred tourist area in Korea for eight consecutive years.
Major resident companies
Dongbu Metal | Korea
- ferromanganese production
LS Cable & System | Korea
- submarine cable
POSCO | Korea
- refining magnesium
- Tel |
- Investment Consultations |
- 033-539-7655 , 033-539-7665